CEAD MILE FAILTE, a hundred thousand welcomes to the Irish Polocrosse web-page.
This section deals mainly with the role of the I.P.A. (Irish Polocrosse Association) and contact details within the various clubs. Please inform the Public Relations Officer regarding any errors or omissions and advise of any events, results and news updates within your club and we will update as soon as possible. Contact P.R. Officer: Brian Sullivan at email@example.com
ROLE OF THE IRISH POLOCROSSE ASSOCIATION
- Co-ordinate Polocrosse activities in Ireland.
- Liaise with other Polocrosse and sporting associations and the International Polocrosse Council.
- Coordinate Fund-Raising and Sponsorship for the association.
- Organise Umpiring sessions.
- Set guidelines for clubs hosting tournaments.
- Oversee player gradings.
- Organise tournaments, fund-raising events and other activities that will promote Polocrosse in Ireland.
The Irish Polocrosse Association recommends all members obtain their own Personal Accident and Public Liability insurance to cover their Polocrosse and other equestrian activities. Membership of the association only provides limited third party liability cover at IPA approved events. Member-to-Member cover is not covered under the Irish Polocrosse Associations Policy. You may be able to obtain this cover as an extra to your home policy cover. The IPA strongly recommends you make arrangements for Personal Accident and Public Liability cover directly with your own insurance broker. Please note it may be a condition of IPA membership for 2005 that all members provide evidence that they have this additional cover.